Regional Sales Manager (Great Lakes)
Mohawk is looking for a knowledgeable and personable sales professional to manage the Great Lakes territory (WI-IL-MO-KY-IN-MI-OH-WV-Western PA). This requires an ability to learn and communicate technical parts information to high-level engineers, mechanics, and purchasing agents, while building trust and rapport with Mohawk's customers. This job requires interpersonal skills, a desire to learn, and about 50 percent travel, mostly by automobile.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Communicate daily with customers and answering customer service questions through various methods of communication (i.e., telephone, fax, email, etc.) in a timely and professional manner.
- Learn and understand each account’s business practices and informing Mohawk of these in order to best serve each customer at each touchpoint.
- Identify the parts approval process at each major account, incorporating each into Mohawk’s process of sending parts for approval.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers in each department through regular customer visits and phone calls. (ie., management, purchasing, maintenance, technical services, warehouse)
- Develop regular travel schedules to customers and industry tradeshows, preplanning all customer visits by contacting each customer and making appointments with specific objectives to maximize the effective use of your time and the customers’ time.
- Make all travel arrangements, airplane, car and hotel, using online tools to shop best prices.
- Inform Mohawk on market conditions, market projects, customer needs, trends, and industry happenings as well as new or competitive products being promoted within the marketplace.
- Interact with all of Mohawk’s departments (Customer Service, Engineering, Purchasing, Bidding and the Warehouse) in order to deliver customer-focused solutions and develop market strategies and appropriate sales tactics.
- Review customer backorders regularly, expediting past due orders with Mohawk’s purchasing department, and relaying to customers new delivery dates.
- Evaluate return logs regularly, checking for customer trends, identifying solutions with appropriate Mohawk departments and communicating these actions back to customer.
- Review on weekly basis all contracts received by the Mohawk office, verifying all current contracts and due dates have been received.
- Analyze bid results and pricing on a weekly basis.
- Communicate continuously with the Mohawk team, informing them of significant customer changes or opportunities.
- Attend appropriate departmental and/or company meetings.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time and ability to adjust plans as demanded..
- Undergraduate degree, technical-related degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a sales position with direct customer contact.
- Successful sales experience in the transit, motor coach, motor vehicle parts industry or proven sales success in an industrial setting.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel via any mode of transportation.
- Strong, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skill, including ability to handle multiple tasks and effective time management skills.
- Ability to attain and maintain thorough knowledge of all Mohawk products, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Professional presentation and high integrity.
- Basic Windows application (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills.
- Knowledge and skill with an order processing and quoting system.
The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. When not travelling to accounts, Mohawk prefers the candidate will work at Mohawk’s Niles, IL headquarters. A candidate can discuss a home office work environment, but the candidate should live no more than 45 minutes from a major airport and would frequently travel to Niles, IL (5 miles from O'Hare International Airport) in addition to the travel to customer accounts.
This position description is meant to describe the typical kinds of duties or difficulty level that may be required of positions with this title. The use of a particular expression shall not limit nor exclude other duties or difficulty levels not mentioned. This position description is not meant to limit or modify Mohawk’s right to assign, direct or control the work assigned to this position. Mohawk is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Normal office environment with minimal exposure to dust, noise, etc. When traveling, customer locations may be in warehouse/garage settings with loud machinery and dirt. At times, sales manager may be required to carry heavy items or be on his or her feet for long stretches. Heavy PC use.
Mohawk offers competitive compensation, including health, dental, and life insurance, PTO, and more.
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.