Accounts Payables and Receivables Administrator
Mohawk is looking for an accounts payables and receivables admisitrator. This person is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all bill payments and financial information. This person will also ensure all customers are up to date on their accounts.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Reviews and enters accounts payable and general ledger information into computer software applications.
- Makes appropriate corrections to entries as necessary.
- Matches invoices with purchase orders and ensures proper assignment of general ledger codes.
- Performs account reconciliation functions on general ledger and account payable entries.
- Generates general ledger and vendor information to management as required.
- Responds to vendor or client inquiries related to payments and receipts.
- Maintain consistent communication with Mohawk customer service and sales staff regarding open customer accounts and with purchasing regarding payables.
- Maintain multiple methods of receiving and transferring funds via several ACH, credit card, and electronic online banking methods.
- Negotiate service fees charged by banks and other financial services providers.
- Review vendor invoices to ensure all cost savings methods have been explored.
- Update vendor and customer contact information as appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when representing the company.
- Perform administrative activities in support of management and finance.
- Attain and maintain thorough knowledge of all Mohawk products, policies, and procedures.
- Attend appropriate departmental and/or company meetings of updates and discussion of any relevant problems.
- Associate's Degree or higher in Accounting or General Business.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, particularly in a small or mid-market company.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot tables and macros.
- Familiarity with all methods of ACH, online payments and wire transfers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with search engines and other Internet resources.
- Flexibility to be able to support changing priorities and needs.
- Attention to detail.
- Listening skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, use time most effectively, and organize tasks efficiently.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Confidence and initiative.
This position description is meant to describe the typical kinds of duties or difficulty level that may be required of positions with this title. The use of a particular expression shall not limit nor exclude other duties or difficulty levels not mentioned. This position description is not meant to limit or modify Mohawk’s right to assign, direct or control the work assigned to this position. Mohawk is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Normal office environment with minimal exposure to dust, noise, etc. Heavy PC use.
Mohawk offers competitive compensation, including health, dental, and life insurance, PTO, and more.
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.