Purchasing Sourcing Specialist and Expediter
Mohawk is looking for a purchasing sourcing specialist and expediter. This person will help the purchasing manager source material from current and prospective vendors as well as help meet inventory and customer order fill rate goals with a high sense of urgency.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Identify and qualify suppliers based on criteria from engineering and management.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category-management strategies.
- Identify potential delays or issues, provide alternative solutions, and notify the Purchasing Manager of supply disruptions.
- Adjust purchase order dates and notifications from suppliers.
- Determine critical past due items and improve delivery dates.
- Expedite deliveries for backordered parts.
- Update costs and notify management of price changes. When confronted with unexpected price increases, negotiate amicably with supplier.
- Confirm component parts have shipped to vendors for assembly work.
- Work with Receiving and Quality Assurance departments to ensure correct materials arrive on time.
- Consolidate shipping to reduce costs while maintaining proper inventory levels and needs.
- Update vendor contact information.
- Perform administrative activities in support of the purchasing department.
- Attain and maintain thorough knowledge of all Mohawk products, policies, and procedures.
- Attend appropriate departmental and/or company meetings of updates and discussion of any relevant problems.
- Undergraduate degree, technical-related degree or equivalent experience..
- 3+ years of purchasing/procurement experience in the automotive field required. Experience in the heavy-duty, truck parts, and/or mass transit fields a plus.
- Knowledge of various design, materials, development, manufacturing processes and assembly operations.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and testing results.
- Familiarity with basic machine types, design build and test services.
- Knowledge of estimating and quoting business.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with search engines and other Internet resources.
- Ability to analyze a problem under pressure and produce a valid alternative.
- Flexibility to be able to support changing priorities and needs.
- Attention to detail.
- Listening skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, use time most effectively, and organize tasks efficiently.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Confidence and initiative.
This position description is meant to describe the typical kinds of duties or difficulty level that may be required of positions with this title. The use of a particular expression shall not limit nor exclude other duties or difficulty levels not mentioned. This position description is not meant to limit or modify Mohawk’s right to assign, direct or control the work assigned to this position. Mohawk is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Normal office environment with minimal exposure to dust, noise, etc. Heavy PC use.
Mohawk offers competitive compensation, including health, dental, and life insurance, PTO, and more.
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.